Ostomy Community
ileostomy reversal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

ileostomy reversal

I am a 35 year old female with a temporary ileostomy.  Was diagnosed with colon cancer due to HNPCC syndrome.  I had complete hysterectomy and colorectomy.  Unfortunately I developed a leak and peritonitis and ended up with the ostomy.  I am getting ready to have it reversed and was wondering if leaks develop from the reversal of ostomies.  If anyone knows or has experience with this situation I would appreciate any info.
I had my ileostomy reversed 6 months after surgery for rectal cancer.  Had no problems with leaks or anything.  For a week or so I had almost no advance warning of bowel movements but that problem resolved itself fairly soon and I was so happy to be rid of the bag that I didn't mind.  
I was given a temporary ilestomy with stoma bag due to having a surgical repair to my small intestines. Reason I had a small amount of damage due to endometriosis. The doctors repaired intestines & it would'nt stop bleeding. I was loosing to much blood after surgery, so they gave me temp ileostomy, this gave small intestines time to heal. They did the reversal 8 months later. Now it's been 2 months & I am still having a very difficult time when eating red meat, fried foods and other things.
i had a reversal of my iliostomy 2 weeks ago.  In that surgery they needed to repair a hernia that had developed near my stoma.  It is still so painful and is popping out of my stomach. (it looks like a hill)  Has anyone else ever experinced this?
Have an Ostomy question?
100,000+ doctor answers