Ostomy Community
ileostomy reversal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ileostomy reversal

I am a 35 year old female with a temporary ileostomy.  Was diagnosed with colon cancer due to HNPCC syndrome.  I had complete hysterectomy and colorectomy.  Unfortunately I developed a leak and peritonitis and ended up with the ostomy.  I am getting ready to have it reversed and was wondering if leaks develop from the reversal of ostomies.  If anyone knows or has experience with this situation I would appreciate any info.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had my ileostomy reversed 6 months after surgery for rectal cancer.  Had no problems with leaks or anything.  For a week or so I had almost no advance warning of bowel movements but that problem resolved itself fairly soon and I was so happy to be rid of the bag that I didn't mind.  
Blank
I was given a temporary ilestomy with stoma bag due to having a surgical repair to my small intestines. Reason I had a small amount of damage due to endometriosis. The doctors repaired intestines & it would'nt stop bleeding. I was loosing to much blood after surgery, so they gave me temp ileostomy, this gave small intestines time to heal. They did the reversal 8 months later. Now it's been 2 months & I am still having a very difficult time when eating red meat, fried foods and other things.
Blank
i had a reversal of my iliostomy 2 weeks ago.  In that surgery they needed to repair a hernia that had developed near my stoma.  It is still so painful and is popping out of my stomach. (it looks like a hill)  Has anyone else ever experinced this?
Blank
Have an Ostomy question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979