ileostomy reversal
I recently had my ileostomy  closed (just over three weeks ago).  I had very loose bowel movements for about three days, then got an obstruction.  After that got resolved I expected normal bowel movements, but have a hard time going.  It takes hours. I am able to go a little, then thinking I am done leave the bathroom only to be right back in there within several minutes, just to go a little more. This wouldn't be so bad but the burning is unbearable. I have tried the Zinc oxide, penaten & vaseoline. Is there a reason why it burns so bad?  My Dr. said it would go away in a couple of days but this has gone on too long.  Is there any one else that has gone through this?  
Yes, it took months to get back to normal.  I'm not sure why this is but that was my experience.  Ask your doctor for some lidocaine ointment for the burning.  Best of luck.
I had my ileostomy reversal 18 months ago and am still experiencing some issues assoiciated with it. ie. frequent small movements and unpredictability .  My surgeon told me it could take up to two or three years to get down to three movements a day.  Good luck!  There is always something they don't tell you.  "We'll just hook it all back up and away we go."
I feel constipated all the time. I had the surgery 8 days ago. I only got to the bathroom maybe twice aday is this normal?
I had an Iliostomy reversed 13 years ago but have had to get another one full time approx 3 years ago. I suffered badly from extreme burning and itch after my reversal. I found the only thing that helped me was canistan cream which I carried on me at all times. It gave me huge relief.
I had an ileostomy reversal from rectal cancer in which I had my sphincter removed in December of 2011. I have had nothing  but complications the burning , itching, and the constipation along  with the loose bowel movements and hard gas pains can anyone help me?