stoma problems
My father has a "leak" at the side of his stoma. We told his doctor and he said that it was ok, but my mother and my brother (who changes it for right now) gets very frustrated when changing the bag. If they do it real, real quick they might get lucky, but for the most part they don't. sometimes it takes 2,3 times to get it. Its really taking its toll on my mother and father. Is there any way of fixing it?      Thank you
is the leak from the bag attachment around the stoma? or something else?

Isabelle
mine comes fr the attached wafer, or actually the adhesive part on the outer rim..most annoying
When you change the wafer do you make sure to get every bit of the old adhesive off?  I had fewer problems with leaks when I removed all of the old adhesive.  It takes some extra time but its worthwhile!

Good luck.
jd
and check top see if there is a skin fold next to the stoma...it may need to be filled in with paste and blotted with a damp cloth...to make a flat pouching service