Ostomy Community
this much trouble with ostomy bags?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

this much trouble with ostomy bags?

I am a gemini and have named my evil twin Josephiine. and with good reason.   Nothing ever seems to go right  down to tying my shoes on day when she seems to be around.  LOL   Anyway today my lleostomy bag  was leaking all over the place.  Of course I was by myself and as I said I dont know how to put my bag on by myself at least on the bottom of the stoma.  So here I am in my kitchen trying to clean it off  and it is spitting at me so I have to clean it off and start over and I almost get done and oh yeah spit at me again,. So I name my stoma  Josephine. It just agravates me to death especially after 20 mins. when  I finally get the bag on  and in alll my stupidity I think I give up I really messed up its not on right   oh man what can I do now? Call my grand daughter  who has done this in a nursing home and she can do it for me.   Missy comes over and bless her heart she tells me with a hug  Cat  it is on there just fine.  You did a good job.  WHAT!!!! I gave her the biggest hug and I wanted to  go outside and yell I CHANGED MY OWN  BAG TODAY WITHOUT ANY HELP !!!!   And dance on top of the car.  But I did it.  Now lets see if I can eat more than one thing a day  and keep my weight steady instead of loosing weight.  If I can change my own bag I can keep my weight steady. So has anyone else had this much trouble with their ostomy bags?