Ostomy Community
too much scaring

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

too much scaring

my surgeon took out half of my bowels and installed an ostomy bag and i was told i could get it reversed in about 6 months , well that 6 months came and went he cut me open to reverse it and promptly closed me up , when i woke the bag was still there and was told that there was too much scaring and that i will have this bag for the rest of my life ( i just finished an 8 year dialysis term and finaly got a transplant but now to me i am right back to the same thing ) what i need to know is can someone tell me the name of the best surgeon in canada that can reverse this darn thing so i can have my life back
I just started to read this blog which is why I am trying to get in touch with you almost a year after your post. I too have the same problem and am wondering if you found any answers/got any relief for your problem.