Ostomy Community
urostomy trouble
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

urostomy trouble

Hi, my name is kate 1 am 28yo and I have just had my ileal conduit with complete bladder removal surgery done on oct 6th 09. (will be 4 weeks tomoro) I am having a few problems wondering if things improve over time......
first of all I have "dimples" either side of the stoma and the bags won't stick to it so they leak constantly I am averaging about 5 bag changes a day.
I have now tried many different bag makes,styles and cannot find one that i dont get (bleeding)rashes from.  
I also have now got a problem where the stoma has completely seperated from the skin around it and the stitches have remained in the skin.  
The stoma nurses that cover my area are on long term sick leave but nobody informed me of this until I am home alone with my troubles.
This is all in less than four weeks, do things settle down in more time???