Ostomy Community
what is a colostomy and maybe some exercises

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Hi my name is Britney and I'm not really sure if this is where I should be asking this but I'm hoping someone could help. I'm 21 and when i was 3 weeks old I had surgery, from what I have been told I had a colostomy bag I'm not really sure what that means. Could someone shed some light on what it was for? But I do understand that with out the surgery I would not be alive. When I was younger my scar went from side to side, but when the dr was sewing me back up he messed up, My brother used to tell me that I have extra belly buttons. It is very noticeable, during PE in school the other girls would come up and ask me if they could touch my scar and if it still hurt. I have to admit I don't feel so confident in a swim suit and I would LOVE to feel great about my body, I was reading a little bit about it and it said they had to cut threw the ab muscle, i feel like  the lower part of my tummy pouches out does anyone know of some exercises i could do to help me feel more confident about my scar? sorry this is kinda long.

Thank you
Have an Ostomy question?
100,000+ doctor answers