Ovarian Cancer Community
1 year survivor invasive ductal cell carcinoma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

1 year survivor invasive ductal cell carcinoma

I am a one year survivor for invasive ductal cell carcinoma s/p chemotherapy, bilateral mastectomies and on Letrazole for one year.  Like everyone else I don't want to be on this drug, and I don't want metastasis either!! But........how long have there been studies on this drug???? Long enough to be really confident that it won't show up giving us uteriine cancer like Temoxefen.  my question is am I safer doing all I can to be healthy and trusting my life to just evolve as it was meant to, or do I take chances with a drug that I'm not really sure of?
1 Comment
Blank
155056_tn?1333642288
A friend of mine just went on tamoxifin (tamoxifen).  She needs to get sonograms every 6 months, they keep an eye on her uterus.  The chances are developing uterine cancer, while it is possible, is very low, and these drugs have been found to make a difference in the life expectancy of breast cancer survivors.  It's a tough decision, and there is no right answer.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank