11 year old daughter with cystic mass
Please help as i am so worried and would like to here some honest advice.  My 11 year old started her periods six months ago, and 2 weeks ago was admitted to hospital with abdominal pain and feeling sick.  The Laproscopy showed she had a 8cm cystic mass which was inside her right fallopian tube, the tube had been twisted three times and damaged so fallopian tube had to be removed.  The cyst has now been sent off and awaiting results.  Since op she has been back to hospital as she was having pain in her left hand side of stomach.  the scan showed two small cysts on ovaries about 2cm on each ovarie but apparently this is normal??  Please advise thank you
Hi there,

So sorry to hear about your daughter.  The 2cm cysts do sound normal.  They are usually associated with ovulation.  I started my period when I was 10 and I had those types of cysts at many times in my life.  It is when the cysts grow larger than 5cm, persist and have solid components that they are worrisome.  If your daughter has increasing pain or other symptoms it is always a good idea to get it checked out.  Best wishes!