Ovarian Cancer Community
12 cm mass attached to right ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

12 cm mass attached to right ovary

What are the chances that a mass is cancerous if it is vascular, attached to the right ovary, and the size of a grapefruit? They removed the mass and left the ovary intact.
Who did the surgery?  When was the surgery? What have the doctors told you, have you had a follow up visit?

MOST masses are cross sectioned during surgery and most of the time they know while you are still in surgery if the mass is cancerous or not.  

I agree with nyc lady: when I had my cyst removed (along with ovary and tube), they warned me they would check it during surgery and if it looked or tested positive for cancer, they would take more drastic action right then, doing more invasive surgery to clear things out.

The fact that they were able to tease the cyst off the ovary and then sew you up again sounds promising. I am surprised they didn't give you a post surgical report though. Usually the surgeon comes in and explains how things went and what they found.

Do you have a follow up visit scheduled?