Ovarian Cancer Community
2 inch left ovarian cyst, What next?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

2 inch left ovarian cyst, What next?

The end of September I started noticing some pain in my lower abdomin (abdomen).  I went to a GP and he referred me to a radiologist for a transvaginal ultrasound and some xrays.  After a week or so the pain went away.  I then lost my insurance for about a month.  I did nothing else until the end of January.  I had unbearable pain again and scheduled the ultrasound and xrays.  I went in and spoke to my doctor today and he said that there was a 2 inch cyst on my left ovary.  He had a stong accent so it was hard to understand him.  I was shocked by everything that was going on and didnt ask him to repeat things.  HE said something about "hemorraging" and also about it looking "solid".  We have scheduled another ultrasound for a week after my next period.  What does all of this mean?  I am really nervous.  I am only 25!  Many of the women in my family have had trouble conceiving.  I'm afraid that they'll have to remove my ovary.  The good news is that he said my uterus looked fine.  
Read merlu's thread from 2/6.  I answered a question of hers that was somewhat similar about functional cysts.  Don't ever be reluctant to ask the dr. questions.  Best of luck to you, peace.
I'd call back to the Dr. office and ask them to send you the ultrasound report so you have a clear idea of what you are dealing with!  With it written out you have no accent to deal with.:)
Also, typically a 2 cm cyst is not a big deal, but it does need to be monitored.
I am definitely going to call and get copies of my results today.  And actually the cyst is two inches not two centimeters.  Any suggestions on pain med?  The doctor gave me some anti inflammatories but that was it.