Ovarian Cancer Community
2.3 cm Ovarian solid mass...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

2.3 cm Ovarian solid mass...

I recently had a US done back in August of this year.  The sonogram revealed that I have a 2.3cm solid mass on my right ovary.  Or what appears to be solid, I am not sure.  Instead of the results going to my gyno., they were sent to my PCP.  My PCP, is an IM doc, and she said she has no knowledge in regards to the gyno area.  However, she has advised me to take this matter seriously.  I did schedule with my regular gyno doctor.  He gave me a pelvic exam, and said he could not feel anything.  My reply to that was, "when you check me 2 weeks before my US, you didn't feel anything then".  He said that he really thought it was a simple cyst do to ovulation, because I started my cycle 4 days after the US.  So he suggested that I start taking a higher dose BC, (Ortho Evra) and repeat US after 2 cycles.

It's October, and I feel like hell.  I have many of the symptoms of OV; nausea, vomiting, indigestion, pain in my upper thigh on the right leg, constant dull ache in lower pelvic region on the right side (intensified by bending down), extreme flatulence, and sometimes serve constipation.  I have seen several different docs, for some of these issues; including a gastrologist, who thought I might have IBS.  I also suffer from endometriosis, and had a laparoscopy in 93, to remove lesions and scar tissue.  At that time, they removed a small dime sized cyst off of the same ovary.

Continued...
Continued...

I am 31 years old, I have 7 children.  In May I got pregnant for the 8th time, however it ended in a miscarriage at the end of May.  I cycles are very irregular, about every 35 days, without BC.  Since March of this year, I have missed 2 cycles.  I was thinking that this could possibly be a dermoid cyst occuring after I had that miscarriage, in May.  

I am very afraid that the mass could be cancerous.  Know one has told me anything, except to say they don't think it is OV.  I have made an appointment with a gyno/oncologist, on Monday the 10th, but in the meantime, I could use some advice.  What kinds of questions should I ask this new doctor?  Just any advice would be welcome, or maybe a simular situation.

Thanks,

Halimah

Doctors can be so frustrating, I am getting ready to make an appt with a GYN Oncologist for my cysts. My 1st doctor wanted to do lapro. Surgery, the 2nd doctor barely looked at the copies of my sonogram and dx'd "no cancer, wait & see & wanted to do an endo ablation". When I told my 1st doctor what the 2nd doctor said he flipped out and was very adamant that I make an appt with a gyn oncol asap.

I know its hard but try not to worry and have a list of questions ready for the gyn oncol. Be prepared and make sure you get answers to all of your questions (that is what I am going to do). Have you visited http://www.hystersisters.com/? I love this site it has alot of great information.
Good luck....
Yes, doctors to fustrating, to say the least!  However, I am determined to get some answers about what is going on inside me.  I will check out that website, maybe that will help too.

Thanks Nikki!