Ovarian Cancer Community
23 mm Thickening of Endometrial stripe
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

23 mm Thickening of Endometrial stripe

I had a ultrasound done and the findings were The uterus is mildly prominent in size measuring 12-cm in length by 6-cm AP by 7-cm transverse. There is unusually prominent thickening of the Endometrial stripe which measures 23-mm, a nonspecific finding. No focal uterine mass is seen. There is an 18-mm left ovarian cyst. The right ovary measures 3.5 by 1.9 by2 cm. The left ovary measured 3.4 by 1.7 by 2.3-cm Doppler flow is demonstrated to both ovaries. What could be causing the thickening? I'm 31 years old. I have 4 kids. I've been having heavy periods with blood clots. Also lower pelvic pain and discharge. I've been tested for all Std's and all were neg. I have a appointment on the 26th for a evaluation for a biospy. I'm pretty worried about cancer because my Mother had ovarian cancer and two of her sister's had Uterine cancer..Should I be worried?
1 Comment
Blank
Hi,
The lining of the uterus becomes thickened because of hormonal issues. This is known as endometrial hyperplasia. This is usually a benign condition. However complex hyperplasia has some chance of turning into cancer. Hence an endometrial biopsy becomes necessary. This will also help rule out endometrial cancer.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...