Ovarian Cancer Community
25 and scared....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

25 and scared....

yep this is like the only place to come for this! i am really freaked out are these any symptoms that you may have had before you had cysts or tumors??   i also posted in gastro....i am a 25 year old female in decent shape, i am slightly overweight and i eat a very healthy diet, and recently i noticed a lump below my belly button, at least an inch or two wide.  it is hard and does not push in like a hernia.  i can still feel it when i lay down, it is somewhat painful but not horrible, although i applied pressure to it this morning and i had a sudden feirce headache!!. i do not feel a pulse in it that i can tell. i have been amazingly tired for about a month, i threw up everything i ate the other day and last night i had very minor vaginal bleeding (but i know i am coming up on time to start..). the lump can be felt when a finger is placed in my belly button and slight downward pressure is applied, or even a flat hand laid on my belly button and some slight pressure applied and it is noticeable. i am really getting worried but i don't have any health insurance and i don't want to go to the doctor and be told i am constipated!  i do seem to be have regular bowel movements, and the vomiting is not becoming a habit.  i don't really think it is a hernia even thought it is in an area that is normally associated with umbilical hernias. could it be an ectopic pregnancy??????  i also have some breast tenderness but...like i said it is coming up on time for me to start......i would think it would be impossible to have one so high??  wouldn't it be closer to my fallopian tubes? WITH ALL OF UP HERE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS AT ALL?????  just really worried, and i have also been urinating more frequently and breasts are tender and i have some lasting lower back pain
Sweetheart you need to take a deep breath and probably get it checked out. I know you said you don't have health insurance but it would give you a piece of mind to find out if there is anything wrong. You have a variety of symptoms so it's very hard for us to come up with some answers, but I can tell you that ovarian cancer is a rare cancer and you are young so the stats are on your side right now.

Keep me updated on what you decide to do. Best of luck and prayers, Deandra
I agree with Deandra.  You need to be checked out but you really are not having alot of ovca symtoms (symptoms).  Another thing to consider is if your symptoms are on going for at least 3 weeks.  My symptoms never got better...I slowly but surely got worse. I have a hernia in the exact same area as you and it is hard,so it is possible that your having a hernia problem.  Good luck~~~Joanne