Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
26 mm complex cyst with constipation lasting almost three months

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

I have been having constipation issues for almost three months now, I did not associate it with my reproductive organs in the slightest. I at the same time had decided that I would have the Essure procedure done for sterilization and went in for the consultation. I did the consult and went ahead and had the pelvic. During the pelvic the doctor noted something on my right ovary, noticed that my uterus was resting off to the left and sent me in for an ultrasound. I scheduled the ultrasound for the following day but I noticed that afternoon that my after the physical exam, my constipation cleared up remarkably but within a day was right back to as bad as it was before. My fiance also pointed out a couple of other things I had been bothered by that I didn't really think of, such as low back/pelvic pain, lack of hunger,& seeming bloated. After the ultrasound they said I would have results in 2-3 days, and then I waited, I had the ultrasound two weeks ago today and finally after calling repeatedly someone called me back today. It was not my doctor, it was someone else who only told me her first name, who didn't give me any information regarding her credentials,and proceeded to tell me that she had my results, that the doctor had signed off on them, (I don't know what that means) and that I had a 26 mm complex cyst on my ovary. The doctor had not written any notes down, but she assured me it was nothing to worry about and I was fine, the cyst was very very small. My question is is is she right? Or is there more to this than she says? I would appreciate any suggestions.
Dear Manestia,
It sounds like you need to have more information from your doctor or the nurse in your doctor's office. I do agree that a 2.6 cm complex cyst in a premenopausal woman is usually a cyst of ovulation and nothing to worry about. But I would recommend that you ask for a copy of your ultrasound. Also it may be that you need to make an appointment to talk with your doc face to face so that you can feel that you really understand. In general I usually get a follow up ultrasound in 3 months to make sure the cyst has resolved
best wishes to you