Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
26 mm complex cyst with constipation lasting almost three months
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

26 mm complex cyst with constipation lasting almost three months

I have been having constipation issues for almost three months now, I did not associate it with my reproductive organs in the slightest. I at the same time had decided that I would have the Essure procedure done for sterilization and went in for the consultation. I did the consult and went ahead and had the pelvic. During the pelvic the doctor noted something on my right ovary, noticed that my uterus was resting off to the left and sent me in for an ultrasound. I scheduled the ultrasound for the following day but I noticed that afternoon that my after the physical exam, my constipation cleared up remarkably but within a day was right back to as bad as it was before. My fiance also pointed out a couple of other things I had been bothered by that I didn't really think of, such as low back/pelvic pain, lack of hunger,& seeming bloated. After the ultrasound they said I would have results in 2-3 days, and then I waited, I had the ultrasound two weeks ago today and finally after calling repeatedly someone called me back today. It was not my doctor, it was someone else who only told me her first name, who didn't give me any information regarding her credentials,and proceeded to tell me that she had my results, that the doctor had signed off on them, (I don't know what that means) and that I had a 26 mm complex cyst on my ovary. The doctor had not written any notes down, but she assured me it was nothing to worry about and I was fine, the cyst was very very small. My question is is is she right? Or is there more to this than she says? I would appreciate any suggestions.