4.6cm unilocular, solid cyst - Enlighten me a bit, please?
I've been having bilateral pain around my ovary area, a jabbing feeling but its more of an awkward ache that throbs. I also have pain during sex. I went to my gp who sent me for a scan and this is what it said:

'Left ovary contacts a unilocular, solid, anechoic, avascular cyst measuring 46 x 31 x 40 mm. WIthin the posterior wall is a solitary papillation measuring 5 x 5 x 4 mm, no vascularity demonstrated. This may represent a retracting clot.'

It does state further on that there are 'no suspicious features' but I have been referred to a consultant gynae for an appointment within 2 weeks - lucky waiting time. What does this all mean though - is the cyst a 'bad' sign? Can solid cysts disappear?

Thanks in advance :)
I just want to add that I am 21 so everyone is pretty much saying 'nothing to worry about at your age' but I am in pain alot of the time and I'm having to take pain killers to manage this.
The cysts are small and most likely benign.  Maybe you have cysts that pop and maybe that is what is causing the pain?   Maybe you have polycystic ovaries?  A Gyn is the right doctor to see.  2 weeks isn't that long of a wait.

Hang in there.