Ovarian Cancer Community
9cm Ovarian Cyst with Solid Component

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

9cm Ovarian Cyst with Solid Component

first time question here...went to the ER Sat with center abdominal pain, I suspected Appendictis of some sort ...because of my gas, bloating pain and where it hurt.After a CT scan the ER Doc told me I had a 9 cm cyst on my left ovary(everything else is gone from hystorectomy in2010) and it has solid component(s)she said I cant say if its cancer but when their is solid components you must have it looked at right away by an OGBYN. She went on to say that the reason for all the pain through my center belly was because I had some junk in their going that way toward my navel. ????/??WHAT  I have had these symptoms since last year. I had another health crises where a bile duct was closed and had to be opened through a procedure called an ERCP. I had a 5cm cyst on the same overy but my OB cleared it, therse symptoms of gas bloating fullness never went away...now ive got more intense pain. Pain in my back like some one has whacked me with a baseball bat. And suddenly I am now getting hiccups.The pain medication is not touching this and I'm really scared. Just turned 40 last week and have finally found a happy place in my life . Going to the OBGYN tom. that the hospital set me up with...they gave me copies of everything and said to take it with me. Could this be cancer ? What is this junk the Dr was speaking of?
Hey - I don't know if I will be much help to you but I know that on here sometimes it's just lovely to get a response. My name is Katie, I;m 21 and I have an ovarian cyst which is 6cm. It also has fluid and solid components and just today my sonographer said it has 'flagged' her worries - no further info and was always told previously it was most likely to be benign. I think the issue is that no matter what, until it is removed and tested they won't know what it is. There are certain 'triggers' which make them more worried - maybe obtain your scan results and look through what they actually say. But don't worry yourself - it's not worth it.

Please keep us up to date and remember what everyone here has a story to tell, and everyone is individual.
I did think this was on the ovarian cyst forum - I'm not clued up on the ovarian cancer side. I would recommend visiting that forum as like I say, everyone has a story to tell.
Went for a follow up w OGBYN doc that ER sent me to. She ordered the blood test CA-125 ....also getting a more in depth look at this mass as its now being called , Monday through Ultrasound.I have a follow up to discuss results thus Wednesday. OB doc said surgery was a definate..and because of the size..( grapefruit) and pain and oncologist would more than likely do my surgery ..she said that did not mean I had cancer ,but if they were to go in and find something they would have to close me back up and schedule another surgery.So depending on what they see in the ultrasound..will depend on who does my surgery. I have also started being proactive and changing my diet and educating myself about possibility of the outcomes. Just to be ready for what ever they may say. My dad passed at age 38 of Lung Cancer...I was only 15..he lived two years after his diagnosis .He was not ready .We were not ready as a family. I just want the best information I can get. I hope and pray this is a nothing ..my discharge sheet from the OB office that day diagnosed was abdominal mass......
How are you doing?