ANything I can take (pills) to reduce size of cyst?
Has anyone heard of - or - actually taken any kinds of vitamins to reduce the size of a cyst. Is there such a thing?
I have a dermoid cyst.
Hey there....unfortunately there are no majic pills to my knowledge...it would definately be nice, but unless a cyst resolves on it's own it must be surgically removed. The good news is that your cyst is a dermoid...they are non-cancerous.  You are a very luck woman!  Congrats.
Peace.
dian
I think dermoids need to be taken out.  BC pills only work on follicular cysts...that's what I've read anyway.  I've been doing a lot of research on cysts and tumors because the doctors recently diagnosed me with having some type of pelvic mass (4x5cm).
Oh, I wish there was a magic pill to keep me from having to have surgery to remove my dermoid. *sigh*
Sorry... if it's a dermoid, they don't go away on their own.
~Mare
Dermoids need to be surgically removed.  They will not resolve themselves or shrink.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Birth control and GnRh.  Lupron is the injectable form but I would research the side effects first.
I missed the dermoid part. Tascha is right.
cystadenomas don't go away on their own either.  They are neoplasms meaning new abnormal growth.  If your cyst is a functional type, than it can go away or encouraged to go away.  What is your diagnosis?
Well my dr said i have a 7.3 x 4.6 cm dermoid cyst on my right overy. needs to be removed by "open way" sugery.