Ovarian Cancer Community
ANything I can take (pills) to reduce size of cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Has anyone heard of - or - actually taken any kinds of vitamins to reduce the size of a cyst. Is there such a thing?
I have a dermoid cyst.
Hey there....unfortunately there are no majic pills to my knowledge...it would definately be nice, but unless a cyst resolves on it's own it must be surgically removed. The good news is that your cyst is a dermoid...they are non-cancerous.  You are a very luck woman!  Congrats.
Peace.
dian
I think dermoids need to be taken out.  BC pills only work on follicular cysts...that's what I've read anyway.  I've been doing a lot of research on cysts and tumors because the doctors recently diagnosed me with having some type of pelvic mass (4x5cm).
Dermoids need to be surgically removed.  They will not resolve themselves or shrink.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Birth control and GnRh.  Lupron is the injectable form but I would research the side effects first.
Oh, I wish there was a magic pill to keep me from having to have surgery to remove my dermoid. *sigh*
Sorry... if it's a dermoid, they don't go away on their own.
~Mare
I missed the dermoid part. Tascha is right.
cystadenomas don't go away on their own either.  They are neoplasms meaning new abnormal growth.  If your cyst is a functional type, than it can go away or encouraged to go away.  What is your diagnosis?
Well my dr said i have a 7.3 x 4.6 cm dermoid cyst on my right overy. needs to be removed by "open way" sugery.