Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Abdominal Pain and Swelling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abdominal Pain and Swelling

On July 24 I went for an outpatient laparoscopy  surgery to remove my left ovary and a large "pelvic mass" (I guess doctors aren't allowed to say "tumor" anymore). I already had a hysterectomy and right ovary removed 10 years ago. Unfortunately the laparoscopy turned into  a laparotomy with a brief hospital stay.  The "mass" was evidently quite large as I came home ten pounds lighter.  Fortunately everything was benign. I recently went to the Dr. for final follow up and I still feal awful.  My stomach is so swollen I look three months pregnant.  It hurts to drive and I can't even carry a gallon of milk without buckling at the knees from the pain in my stomach.  I was sent for a CT scan and the Dr. called to tell me that the results were fine and there is nothing more for him to do and that I should go see a regular Dr. in case something else is wrong.  Basically he told me to go away and ask someone else.  He is retiring at the end of the month and it is very obvious the he really doesn't care.  After almost eight weeks, why am I still in so much pain and why am I so swollen?  I just want to be able to pick up my grandkids again but I am afraid to.  Will I hurt myself if I try to resume my very active lifestyle.?