Ovarian Cancer Community
Abdominal Swelling after Laproscopy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abdominal Swelling after Laproscopy

I had surgery nine days ago where the doc did laproscopy, endometrial abblation, hysteroscopy and myomectomy. I haven't had hardly any pain at all, but my abdomen is still quite swollen. How long does it usually take to get back to normal?
Related Discussions
6 Comments
Blank
117289_tn?1391716425
It could take 3 weeks for the swellybelly to go away, maybe even more.  Just relax and let your body heal (it will!)
~Tascha
Blank
Thanks so much!! That's kinda what I thought, but it is so hard to wait! I am a fitness fanatic, and having this big tummy for the last few months has been very difficult. Just knowing it will get better helps a lot--thanks.
Blank
I know how you feel.  I am love exercising my self and when I had laparoscopy, I hated to look at my stomach.  It felt huge and bloated and I could not wear any of my work clothes.  It took me about 10-14 days to get back to normal completely.  Let your body heal and you will be back in shape in no time.

Alba
Blank
It has been 2 1/2 weeks since my lap and hysterectomy and I am still swollen too.  

We will just have to hang in there until the swelling goes away I guess.  It would be nice to wear regular clothes though.
Blank
I too am still swollen 4 weeks on since my laparoscopy...
My stomach looks like a beach ball and I have had to invest in some new clothes...I am no longer size UK 10/12 but more like a 16!
I have had 2 infections, a hematoma and my Incisions won't heal!
when will it ever end???????? :-(
Blank
Its been 4 weeks today since my laparascopic surgery.  This has been the toughest and longest healing I have ever had to endure.  My stomach is still quite swollen.  It has gone down a little but even after 1 meal it baloons again.  I am almost 42 and I am surely no spring chicken but this is very depressing.  I had a similiar laparascopic surgery just 8 months ago and everything was back to normal in just 3 weeks but this time I am clueless as to when my body will return to normal but I am trying to stay positive but sometimes its hard.  Seems there are so many things fighting against me; if I sit too long I get sore and stiff; if I walk to much I start hurting or the gas that been dorment seems to awaken from the dead and then I have to pop pain pills which make me sleepy or drowsy so then I try to eat before I take the pain pills and then I have to take phentermine/promithazine for nausau which knocks me out for twelve hours; not to mention the complaint of still having constipation since my system is not normal or active; then I have to take mik of magnesia which seems to shoot through my system in 2 hours with an after effect of achy bowels from going to the restroom constantly.  This cyle kind of repeats itself every 2 days.  I am praying for complete healing and restoration.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank