Ovarian Cancer Community
Abdominal Swelling after Laproscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Abdominal Swelling after Laproscopy

I had surgery nine days ago where the doc did laproscopy, endometrial abblation, hysteroscopy and myomectomy. I haven't had hardly any pain at all, but my abdomen is still quite swollen. How long does it usually take to get back to normal?
It could take 3 weeks for the swellybelly to go away, maybe even more.  Just relax and let your body heal (it will!)
~Tascha
Thanks so much!! That's kinda what I thought, but it is so hard to wait! I am a fitness fanatic, and having this big tummy for the last few months has been very difficult. Just knowing it will get better helps a lot--thanks.
I know how you feel.  I am love exercising my self and when I had laparoscopy, I hated to look at my stomach.  It felt huge and bloated and I could not wear any of my work clothes.  It took me about 10-14 days to get back to normal completely.  Let your body heal and you will be back in shape in no time.

Alba
It has been 2 1/2 weeks since my lap and hysterectomy and I am still swollen too.  

We will just have to hang in there until the swelling goes away I guess.  It would be nice to wear regular clothes though.
I too am still swollen 4 weeks on since my laparoscopy...
My stomach looks like a beach ball and I have had to invest in some new clothes...I am no longer size UK 10/12 but more like a 16!
I have had 2 infections, a hematoma and my Incisions won't heal!
when will it ever end???????? :-(
Its been 4 weeks today since my laparascopic surgery.  This has been the toughest and longest healing I have ever had to endure.  My stomach is still quite swollen.  It has gone down a little but even after 1 meal it baloons again.  I am almost 42 and I am surely no spring chicken but this is very depressing.  I had a similiar laparascopic surgery just 8 months ago and everything was back to normal in just 3 weeks but this time I am clueless as to when my body will return to normal but I am trying to stay positive but sometimes its hard.  Seems there are so many things fighting against me; if I sit too long I get sore and stiff; if I walk to much I start hurting or the gas that been dorment seems to awaken from the dead and then I have to pop pain pills which make me sleepy or drowsy so then I try to eat before I take the pain pills and then I have to take phentermine/promithazine for nausau which knocks me out for twelve hours; not to mention the complaint of still having constipation since my system is not normal or active; then I have to take mik of magnesia which seems to shoot through my system in 2 hours with an after effect of achy bowels from going to the restroom constantly.  This cyle kind of repeats itself every 2 days.  I am praying for complete healing and restoration.