Ovarian Cancer Community
Abdominal Swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Abdominal Swelling

Me again!  Going to the Dr. this afternoon - a little nervous.  Everyone has mentioned abdominal swelling, which I have, and I wanted to compare/bounce off everyone what exactly that means.  What my swelling feels like is not like gas, what it feels more like is when I was pregnant.  Strangely, it's ABOVE my belly button!  I have to sit up very straight just like when I was pregnant because it feels like when my children had their feet in my stomach.  It is very tight.  I can't "pooch" my stomach out at all. It's already "pre-pooched".  It's really very strange!  Sometimes it's worse than others, especially if I eat a normal sized meal.  It feels like there is only a certain amount of space in there, and when I eat it crowds the cyst and makes it start hurting, sometimes quite a bit.  Does any of this sound familiar?  Thanks again for your great advice, and God bless!
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
Sounds like I had which turned out to be ascites which is fluid - not necessarily malignant though - that will be diagnosed on testing,

Good luck with your appointment,

Ruth