Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Achy hip pain while sitting and sleeping / Mass in uterus

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Started bleeding after 18months of thinking that I was in Menopause. (confirmed by blood tests by primary doctor). Had ultra sound and tests at gynecologist and and told not in Menupause but have large mass on uterus.  Given birth control to stop bleeding.  My hips are sore virtually constantly (a dull achy pain). I keep taking alleve but I am wondering if something else is going on.  Due to return to gynecologist in 3 months to check size of mass and see if it is growing.  I don't know if I can wait 3 months due to my hip pain and worrying.  Not sure if a abalation will work or just to have a  hysterectomy. Gyneologist never acknowledged to me that my hip pain and mass are related.  Please can you advise and do I need a 2nd opinion.  Oh yes, I don't have medical insurance!
Yes you need a second opinion
you need a biopsy or D&C.
you may need to have the uterus removed
but you first need a comprehensive evaluation (biopsy,perhaps other scans such as a CT scan, labs such as blood count, CA 125)

you absolutely should not have an ablation for postmenopausal bleeding
I hope everything works out
best wishes

i really need some answers
Dear Dr,i was having my health since february n it was keep coming until i did an ultra sound which shows i had 2 cloth which i was requireto hve a clean out . I how ever did the clean out but the bleeding did not stop after taking madications tht was prescribe. I went to the city to see another dr n was ordered another ultra sound which now shows tht  an echogenic organised sludge ball in the GB measuring 11.4 x 5.5 mm CDB is 4.6 mm and the uterusis bulky  and measures 10.4 x 6 cm ET measures 4.3 mm. Can u pls assist me with my problem i need some help pls dr.
Hi There

it is a little hard to understand you.
it sounds like you have 2 issues:
something going on the the gallbladder such as stones

and vaginal bleeding

if you are having pain after meals and pain is located in the area of the gallbladder, sometimes that is a reason to remove the gallbladder

if you only are having problems with bleeding and your Dilation and curettage (D&C which is what I am assuming you mean by a clean out), at the age of 33, we usually try birth control pills to control bleeding

take care