Adnexal cystic lesion

I had a noncontrast CT of pelvis and abdomen in the ER for Kidney infection.  Anyway these tests showed small amount of free fluid in the cul-de-sac and left adnexal cystic lesion measuring 1.8cm x 1cm.  Is this normal?  I'm 30 and not sure if I should see my Gyno or if this is something normal.  I also have experienced IBS symptoms for a year or two.  

Thanks,

C. Antionette
Where were you in your menstrual cycle when the test was taken?

Linda
If you were in the two weeks post ovulation but before you got your period, a small amount of free-fluid in the cul-de-sac is a normal product of ovulation. Also, if it was during that time, if the lesion was a fluid-filled simple cyst, that would be normal as well. I don't know what they mean by "cystic lesion". You can ask your gyno, can't hurt. That's an awfully small cystic lesion though and if you were post-ovulation, my guess is it's a normal corpus luteal cyst. Every woman who had an ultrasound or ct during this time who ovulated recently would show these results. The key is the cystic lesion should be a simple bubble with clear fluid and thin walls.

Linda