Ovarian Cancer Community
After cyst removal does it usually mean it will come back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I am having sergery (surgery) next Tuesday to remove this 25cm. mass that connects to my overy.I CLAIM benign.I know its extreamly large i cant say a dermoid because the us says multi-cystic mass and I have come to learn that dermoids have hair teeth etc.
My question is does any one know if you have one cyst does it mean youll get another?Is it usually a good idea to get everything removed to keep from going through it over and over again?
Have anyone ever googled the image of a dermoid cyst? They show everything that appears inside.
Anyway,what are my odds I dont wanna have to go through this again.
I've had repeated cysts although none have been dermoid cysts.  Ask relatives and see if it runs in your family.  I just found out that my mother also has fibroid tumors for years.
My gyn told me that once you have a cyst (dermoid, hemmhoragic, or endometrial) you have a better chance of getting another. But she did also tell me that it's about the same chance as getting the initial one in the first place. So I guess you're more prone to them just because you got the first one.
Mine is much smaller than yours, but the symptoms are really annoying and starting to get kind of debilitating. I can't imagine what a 25cm cyst is doing to you.
Hopefully they will get your 'alien' out in one piece and be able to leave ovary. I was told that if my ovary was damaged from the cyst that they would likely take it out too.
But apparently you can still get them on the other ovary just as easily. (I know, that's so reassuring)
But happily, as I'm sure Tascha will be around to tell you too, 99% of cysts are benign and just a major annoyance. :)