Ovarian Cancer Community
Anechoic Cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Anechoic Cyst?

Does anyone know what a anechoic cyst with a single thin septation mean?

Anechoic means no echo or does not pick up the u/s waves.  Usually means its fluid filled.  Thin septation is is a thin wall seperating the area in question.  Thin is better than a thick wall and fluid is most definately better than solid.
Hello to all, My doc really doesn't communicate with me very well, good old HMO DOCS. lol  I literally (SP?) have to go to his office and corner him.  This is what my Ultra sound stated.

The anteverted uterus measures 9.0 cm in length with a maximal AP diameter of 4.4 cm and a transverse diamater of 5.3 cm.  The endometrial echos measure 6mm in thickness.  There is a small isoechoic 9 X 10 mm probable fibroid in the myometrium of the anterior body.  The right ovary measures 1.9 X 2.9 cm the left 3.9 x 4.7 cm containing an anechoic 3.3 x 4.1 cm cyst with posterior acoustic enhancement.  There is no evidence of fluid in the cul-de-sac.

Can anyone explaine to me if this is a normal cyst or a complex cyst??? The doctor is no help and I have put in for a 2 nd opinion with the insurance company but they say it can take months.  I am in pain almost all the time..  Thanks for any help with this matter.

Thanks,
Char
Hi Greeneyes! Sounds to me like you have a fibroid in your uterus and a cyst in your left ovary, but the cyst would be complex if it was echoic not anechoic....echoes are material that the u/s waves bounce off of...apparently there aren't any in that one. Take care,
(((Raynbow
Can someone explain  2.0 x 1.5 cm bilobed, anechoic cyst with septation and slightly thickened walls in the periphery in the pancreas.  5.0 cc of sanguinous fluid was aspirated. andiemac
hi can any one explain any of this to me? please i hope so,,,

(Peristalsing bowel is seen throughout the pelvis) what do this mean?
and following is the rest,,,there is a mass in the left adnexa.It has an
anechoic cystic component measuring 2.6 x 1.7 x 2.2 cm as well as a complex,heterogeneous area measuring 3.2 x 2.5 x 2.3 cm.no flow
is seen to eather of these two areas,how ever,flow is seen between them. no pelvic mass or fluid collection is seen.,,please can any1 help tell me anything? I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago,,
my sister is aking for help to explain to her, her ultrasound findings: a well defined anechoic cystic mass measuring 40x58x45 mm is noted in the left adnexa... please please reply immediately..

thankyou!
A related discussion, ovarian cyst was started.
Can someone please help me? Went to the e.r. and urine test said pregnant, blood test said no, thc level was a 2. Ultrasound said "thin-walled tubular structure with anechoic fluid in the location of left adnexa" what does that mean???
A related discussion, ovary scan was started.
Did you ever find out what a anechoic cyst in the pancreas was?  I have one that measures 1.7 mm by 1.5 mm at the head of the pancreas.  And if so what did you have done or is it still there?  

Please respond asap....I am worried.  Thank-you!
A related discussion, Peritoneal inclusion cyst was started.