Ovarian Cancer Community
Announcing the new Complete Blood Count (CBC) Tracker

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

We're pleased to announce the Complete Blood Count (CBC) Tracker, the thirteenth in a series of Personal Health Applications (PHAs) geared towards helping our members keep track of health metrics, symptoms, treatments, test results and events.

With this tracker, you can track the results of various lab tests, including White Blood Cell (WBC) Count, Red Blood Cell (RBC) Count, hemoglobin, hematocrit, iron levels, total iron-binding capacity (TIBC), and transferrin saturation. This tracker can be used on its own or in conjunction with the other trackers, such as Hepatitis C, HIV, Thyroid, and Kidney Disease.

You can access the CBC Tracker by clicking on the "Trackers" link at the top of the community, from My MedHelp or directly from: http://www.medhelp.org/trackers/list/80 .

We plan on adding more functionality to the CBC Tracker over the next few weeks and would love to get your suggestions and feedback. If you want to track a specific lab, symptom or event, let us know. Please post your comments in the MedHelp Suggestions community, accessible via My Shortcuts.

MedHelp
1 Comment
Hello, I`m Vickie 47 years young. I had a abdomnal (abdominal) hysterectomy, due to a cancerous yumor 18cn/14/12cn A football ! I got an infection (staph) in part of my incession. I had home health care come everyday and and pack my incession. Its almost healed and next weel I go to have a port put in my chest for chemo. August 5th I start chemo. I have learned alot about cancer in the last 3 months! When my family Doctor called for the tests,  Blood, Ultra sound, He saved my Life  ! I then went to see a obgyn, and she did some tests, she did a ca-125,,,,. After getting that test back she said she was refering me to Dr. Muntz in Seattle (as she put it Im sending you to the big boys ) anyway I wanted to know about this test. She said it was over 1300. I have asked over and over for someone to explain this test, and Im still confused ! Then yesterday my doctor told me Im stage 3-c ,Clear cell cancer. I read a few things about clear cell and now I`m more scared, should I be ? In the things I read that clear cell is rare and resistant to drugs ! Help me to understand ! Thanx , Vickie