Ovarian Cancer Community
Another question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Another question

I posted here about 3 weeks ago, regarding a cyst that had me at the dr. because of the pain. I didn't realize it at the time but I also had a fever. They sent me to my gyn and it is a 3cm complex cyst. She took the watch and wait approach, which I could live with if I wasn't hurting. The pain has now moved to my lower back and I am still running fever, daily low grade 100.0. Blood work came back fine at that time, cbc normal. That is all she ran at the time. There is a reason for the fever I would think, I was told by the rude nurse that she didn't think that the fever was from the cyst. Is the time to watch and wait aproach still a good idea? Does anyone know why the fever might be?

Any help is appreciated. One more thing, will such a small cyst cause pain like this?

Thank you,
Michelle
After dealing with a nurse today that seemed to care less and getting a view of the doctor I was using. I now have an appt tomorrow with a new gyn. I hope he can help or at least show some concern regarding this.

But if anyone can answer any of the above questions that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,

It is hard to know if the fever and cyst are related.  Usually fevers aren't associated but if you have an infection of some sort in the ovary that is possible.  Yes, you can have pain from a 3cm cyst.  I think some people are more in tune with their bodies and feel small changes and also if that cyst is changing that could give you pain.  But, if you have your fever for the whole three weeks and it isn't usual for you then you should keep pursuing it until you get answers.   If this gyn won't help you, go to your primary care doctor.   I think your new gyn is your best bet on getting to the bottom of the pelvic pain and ask for more frequent monitoring and more testing.  It is frustrating when doctors or nurses are rude and blow you off but it is your body and you deserve courtesy and understanding.   Be strong with the new dr. tomorrow about your level of pain.   If they just want to monitor you, ask for a sooner follow up date to recheck.  I hope you find some answers tomorrow.  

Shelly