Ovarian Cancer Community
Another rupture and infected ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Another rupture and infected ovaries

Hello ladies...me again.

Yesterday I ended up in the dr's office becuase of severe pain.  I was told that at least one cyst has ruptured and it's possible, that because of my fever and sensativity, that one or both of my ovaries are infected.  I'm also borderline anemic, so it's possible that I'm hemmoraging, again.  This is the last straw for me.  I've been going through this too long.  I don't have any kids, but since I can still do invetro through a donated egg, I'm going to have the hysterectomy.  I'm not planning on kids for another 5 years or so (I'm 25) and I cannot take this for 5 more years.  My husband and I know that no matter where our kids come from, they'll be ours.  I think I'll have my sister's donate eggs for me.  Besides, my doctor told me that I have basically a 1-30 chance of getting pregnant on my own.  I guess I'm writting this for support.  Thanks for all your help in the past.
You are so very brave and have such a good outlook.  Keep your faith in the Lord, he does do such wonderous things.  My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
~Tascha
I understand, completely. You chose wisely in selecting your husband; you are truly blessed that he is so understanding!
Hi Penny, this may come a little too late, but it is worth sharing and will hopefully give you faith in your body again. At the age of 16 I had my right ovary mostly removed from rupture, thinking it was only appendicitis. From then was in and out of emergency centres from until the age of 25. I had severe endometriosis,bowel and ovary wrapped together and 6 laparoscopies in 4 years, 3 month total recovery and then it would all begin again. At one point I still conceived and then miscarried. I know what it feels like to want it all gone, so I was on the waiting list to get a hysterectomy at 31. But..I went on the pill to regulate things, with less ovary than usual, and had a dream of being pregnant??? How cruel I thought of my mind to do that, until I did a test and 5 more, and now have a one year old miracle baby. Keep the faith Penny, the faith in your body.
Ladies,
Please note the date of posts, this is the 3rd in a couple of days that are 3+ years old.