Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Atypical endocervical cells of unknown significance.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Atypical endocervical cells of unknown significance.

I recently got a abnormal Pap smear result, it said "abnormal endocervical cells of unknown significance" I completely lost it... My previous pelvic pain reached new extremes, some bladder pain.. Doctors keep reassuring me it will be fine. I lost 5 kg in the last 5 days due to no appetite... At all.... No sleep.... Extreme depression and anxiety..

I have a 2.5 yr old daughter. I'm scheduled for a colposcopy this coming Monday and hope to dear God it turns out to be benign.. What were your experiences with this result? Thanks
1 Comment
Blank
Just to update my situation. I was extremely nervous and went in for the colposcopy. The doctor took two biopsies and told me that I have ectropion which is when glandular cells are found on the outer part of the cervix. I waited one (very nervous and depressed) week and found that I have no abnormalities. Only some benign changes. I will need a pap in six months.

If you get the agus result. Please don't get too scared by Internet studies etc. they simply say (in scary terms) that you need to be thoroughly checked. Some doctors confuse this result with ASCUS and don't refer to colposcopy. Most likely you will have a normal result. But if they do find something you are still lucky as it will have been caught early. Everyone is treatable :) please don't stress as much as I did.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker