Ovarian Cancer Community
Avastin/Cytoxane not working

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Avastin/Cytoxane not working

My Mom has been on avastin/cytoxane for 6 months.  CA-125 was dropping until 2 weeks ago its now up almost 40 points.  Her CT scan revealed slight increase in the iliac lymph node and new spots that are not big enough to measure around the soft tissue of the belly. The previous spots slightly decreased  Her doctor is saying he will change drugs.  My question is whats next and what is good.  She has not had taxoter for over a year and allergic to carbo, has not had carbo for over a year or year and half.  Is it possible to try carbo again with combination of another drug.  My Mom and I are so upset over this because we had big hopes for avastin.  Are there any new drugs out besides avastin that look promising?  I think the doctor maybe looking at gemzar...what are the results with that and how is it tolerated?

Thank you so much
Fiana
1 Comment
Have you tried the chemo expert forum here on medhelp?  I love the doc there and he responds very quickly and even does fast follow-up answers. His name is Kamal Saini. I hope he can give you some ideas to help.  Marie