Aa
A
A
Close
Back & Rib Pain
I had surgery in February 2009 and was diagnosed with Stage 3C ovarian cancer.  In addition to having a hysterectomy, they removed my omentum and part of my colon.  I had 6 chemo treatments (carbo/taxol) and am currently in a trial for avastin.  I finished my carbo/taxol treatments in August, but I am still having pain under my ribs and in my back.....and it is worse when I am sitting.  Any thoughts?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
564735_tn?1263947126
It is hard to know what is causing the pain, but I would recommend you call your doctor on
Monday.  My oncologists said the reason my pain is stronger when I lay down is because
changing my body position is putting more pressure on a tumor. Are you having ct scans or bloodwork done to monitor your cancer? What side is your rib pain on? Sorry you are in pain. Julie
Discussion is closed
Cancel
505677_tn?1263951693
Sorry to hear about your back and rib pain. I had both a mastectomy and TVH on the same day had chemo 4 treatment of  Avastant , and doxyrubin.....and 4 treatments of taxol.... I ended up with lymphodema in my right arm from surgery ... I am now on femura. In Jan of 09 I began havng pain on my right side right around the ribs In may of 09 my gall bladder was removed laprascopiclly. I still have rightsided extreme at times rib pain that radiates to my back. I have had ct scans ultra sounds and a mrcp done and everything shows normal. Beside the pain which is hard to deal with I get really sick flue like symptoms every 15 days. When I throw up it is a yellowish bile type stuff that turns greenish.... I hate to keep taking stuff fro the pain but can not live with the pain either . I have an appiontment with  a GI Dr in DEC for a possible ERCP which carries a lot of risks also..... So really hang in there and maybe its your gallbladder that is acting up.  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank