Ovarian Cancer Community
Bad pain 1 year after ovary removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Bad pain 1 year after ovary removal

I had my ovaries and tubes removed about 1 year ago.  Lately I have had a constant bad pain where it feels like my ovaries were.  It seems to be worse when I am a bit bloated or have to urinate.  Does anybody know what this could be?  I am quite worried and won't be able to see my gynioncologist for a couple more weeks.
Try to get in sooner.  There is a condition called Ovarian Remnant Syndrome.  This is where cysts grow on tiny bits of left over ovary cells.  Yes it does happen as several women (Dawn & myself) suffer from it.
~Tascha
how is this treated??  Its is it serious?
ORS is very difficult to treat, as it is nearly impossible to locate and remove all the remnants of the ovaries that might have been left in the abdomen.

However, the condition is very rare.  It is also possible that you have another condition, perhaps one involving the intestinal system or even the bladder, and the problem could possibly even be scar tissue from your previous surgery.   I agree with Tascha; try to see the doctor as soon as you can get an appointment.