Ovarian Cancer Community
Belly button leakage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Belly button leakage

I have had frequent leakage and irritablity from my bellybutton. I had listen to a doctor (on tv) say that i may be a cyst. Is that true and what type of doctor is best to see for these symptoms?
It is possible it may be a cyst, but it is unlikely it is an ovarian cyst.  You should see your GP for a possible referral to a dermatologist.  Sounds like it may be some kind of abcess (abscess) or infection.

Gail
Sometimes people with real deep belly buttons do not get all the soap and lint removed from there during showers and baths.  This can cause an irritation and or infection, if you take a Q tip with either mineral oil or hydogen peroxide and swab out the area it might clear up, also you can use Neo Sporine on a Q tip to help clear up any infection in the area.  I very much doubt that it is a cyst or you would be able to feel a swelling there. When you are cleaning it out sometimes you will see a slight bit of bloody drainage, this is not anything to be alarmed about as there could be a small area that needs healing and it will sometimes bleed a bit.
Hello there...I don't tinnk anyone can begin to offer you advice until we know what type "leakage" you are experiencing......is the substance bloody or puss like or both?  Is there an odor?  Is there a lump under or beside the navel!  Is the general area red or swoller?  You might be better off simply visiting your general physician. Let us know what is going on.
Peace.
dian
A related discussion, BLEEDING AND BAD SMELL BELLY BUTTON was started.