Ovarian Cancer Community
Best Clinic/Doctor for Ovarian Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Best Clinic/Doctor for Ovarian Cancer

The ER just found a 4" mass on my right ovary along with lessions on my liver. Of course this is red flags all over. I have an appointment monday with Dr. Paula Lee @ Duke Cancer Center. I would love to hear where some others have gone and which physicians they recommend to be the best. If anyone knows pros or cons with Duke please share as well. I live an hour away so Duke is convenient but I definitely will travel if it makes the difference. Thanks for sharing!
SabraDee
Duke is an excellent hospital.  The best doctor will be the gyn/oncologist that you feel comfortable with.  One that you can talk to, doesn't rush you and will answer your questions.

Let us know how your appointment goes.
I  started at UNC and switched to Duke in the middle of Chemo. My care at Duke has been excellent. UNC treats you at Women's Hospital not the Lineberger Cancer Hospital and the chemo room is a nightmare. Also I never saw my Doctor at UNC except before surgery.  I do not know if he was actually there the day of my surgery. He was going to see me six months after I finished chemo. No one could explain my cancer or chemo to me at UNC. A student called me with the pathology over the phone. I had a Nurse Practitioner and I got sicker and sicker and she would not let me have blood and fluids even though my kidneys and heart were shutting down. Duke immediately hospitalized me and gave me both. Duke saved my life.

Also Cornucopia Cancer Support Center is a great resource for support. I get massages and do yoga now that I am through chemo. I had stage IIIc clear cell Ovarian Cancer. I am back to riding horses and painting portraits of animals.I have a breast doctor I love at Duke as well. I am BRCA 1 positive with a 90% of breast cancer as well. She gives me hugs and calls me back when I have questions.