Ovarian Cancer Community
Big ovarian tumour/ovarytube removed now one on other side, can I get p...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Big ovarian tumour/ovarytube removed now one on other side, can I get pregnant?

In 2011 I had a large tumour removed along with my left ovary and Fallopian tube, because I haven't had any kids (am 37) the surgeon suggested conservative approach and if it was possible to leave other ovary so I could have a family if I wanted. Anyway to cut a long story short I have had a cyst looking thing 1.5cms on my other ovary on every scan I have had, my doctor/gynae kept saying its normal to have cysts that come and go but now finally last week is saying it could be another borderline but won't remove until it gets bigger. Also brought up the issue of kids, I didn't want to feel pressurised to get on and have them and told gynae man last week I didn't know if I wanted them or not and was still on depo. Since then me and partner have decided I best get on and try to have them now while I still can.
My question is, is it possible to get pregnant with a borderline tumour actually on your ovary? I know it won't happen for a while until depo is out of my system but wasn't sure if I can get any medical help or do I need to get eggs frozen incase it's destroying my ovary and eggs? Or would ivf be an option before it gets bigger and I need hystectomy?
I had my first surgery for stage 1A Ov Ca at 38....no kids....I wanted to preserve fertility, plus going in, no one knew it was cancer, and I was actuallty told that the masses were too big to be cancer.  I had masses on both tubes and ovaries, they preserved one tube and ovary, but had surgically removed the cysts.   I literally went from the oncologists office to the fertility doctors.....since they had opened my ovary, surgically and also my age, I was told that I was infertile....within a couple of years, I ended up having a complete hysterectomy.
I am only telling you the story so that you will hopefully go see a fertility doctor to see what can be done, maybe you should harvest eggs, just in case you cannot concieve (conceive)....
And yes, there are women that do carry full  term with borderline and other types of tumors, sometimes they even perform surgery to remove the tumors during pregnancy.  
Best of luck and please, stay on top of your health.
Thank you for taking the time to respond, I have a next follow up with the gynae in 6 months, I guess I need to phone up no say I want to see him, tell him I want to start trying for kids now and see what my options are, no one has ever mentioned taking eggs etc but fuss that's hat they should maybe do?
Sorry for what you have been through, that must of been really tough x