Ovarian Cancer Community
Bilateral Complex Cysts with High Ova1 Test Results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hi There,

I have an 11cm complex ovarian cyst on my left side, a 6cm complex ovarian cyst on the right. The doctor said that "this isn't good" and completed some blood tests, Ova1, CA125, CEH, HCG, and APH, all came back normal except the Ova1 was positive that I should see an oncologist before surgery. I am 25 years old with one son, what is the likelyhood that this will be cancerous? I would like to have another child but I am not sure of the possibility of that- will I be able to have more children or could my ovaries be saved? I see the Oncologist Friday and I am so worried, I know he won't know if it is cancercous until he takes it out, but what does it mean that the Ova1 is postive, could it be a false positive? My main concern is the likelyhood I will be able to have more children, she said the best time for me to get pregnant is after they are removed, but can an ovary recover from a cyst that size?

Basically, if this could be explained to help ease my worry- or help me understand what will happen so I can prepare, I will appreciate it!
I do not know what the Ova 1 test is. It is good that your CA125 is normal. Oncologist Gynecologist do all kinds of complex surgeries not just cancer surgeries.Make sure if you are at all uncomfortable with the oncologist's recommendation to get a second opinion. Get a tour if you can of the facilities. I did not and ended up in a not so great hospital and ended up switching in mid treatment. Not only was the place awful the care was not so hot either. I wish I had gotten a second opinion but I was so scared I just jumped in with both feet. Try to find a Oncologist Gynecologist who cares about fertility issues. Not all of them do. In my case I was in menopause so it did not matter. I was looking at some in my area who do specialize in younger women and trying to save fertility when they can. i think that is as it should be.

Alex
I have 5 wigs. They look so good that I don't care if my hair returns. I got them at Vogue wigs.com. All the wigs have names like Bailey, Eva etc. My favorite one is named Tori. My name is Victoria, but I'm called Tori - weird.