Ovarian Cancer Community
Bladder symptoms w/ small cysts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Bladder symptoms w/ small cysts?

Me again, w/ the 2 left cysts (2 and 3 cm).  Was looking for help with new annoyance.

I have this pressure on my bladder, like it felt when I was pregnant, and have to pee A LOT.  
Anyone else feel these symptoms with cysts?  If so, with what sizes?  I thought my cysts were too small to cause such annoyances.
I just don't know what to do about it, doctor wants to wait 6 weeks but I can't take it anymore.  UGGGGHHHHH
TIA
J.
I know, I can't stand it anymore either....I've been waiting 4wks now...I've got 11 days till next u/s.
Funny thing, I told the doc at my check-up that I was peeing alot! ....I was getting my yearly and also telling him that I feel like I've been going through menopause for the last 6mo...that's when he did hormone levels and sent me for the u/s that showed I have a 5.1cm complex cyst with debris.
I guess it's a symptom of it, 'cause I sure have it. I don't know why though, because my uterus is retroverted which means it's not towards my belly, it's being lazy and laying towards my back....who knows, all I know is that I've had to pee in the middle of the night and I didn't do that before. ;-)
(((Raynbow
Hi Ladies.  I do the bladder thing too.  The first time it happened, I thought I might have a bladder infection or UTI.  It does feel just like when I was having babies.  Sometimes, I'll feel so full, have to go right NOW, and then barely have anything come out.  Very frustrating, especially during the night.  Other times it's gallons, way out of proportion to what I've had to drink.  It's really weird, and uncomfortable.  Today I've been having that feeling like I used to get when the babies were getting bigger and felt like they were using my pelvis for a trampoline.  Again, very strange feeling.  It doesn't really hurt but it really does feel like when I had babies in there. . .

Take care, love, hugs and God bless, Barb
I did have repeat UTIs and bladder pressure. When I did not have an infection, I too ASO pills. They are over the counter and help with bladder pressure contractions.
What does ASO stand for?  I also have frequent urination. I thought cranberry stuff was for UTI's. I don't have an infection, but think my fibroids may contribute to having to go all the time.....
What a relief to hear so many of you know what I'm feeling!  Though I'm sorry, I know it "sucks".  It totally feels like when I was prego and the baby was sitting on my bladder.  :(
But I still wonder how many of you have large cysts, or what is going on in your "insides" that might be going on in mine.  
I'm gonna try the ASO thing I think.
Thanks!
J.
SOMEBODY......WHAT IS ASO????
Peace.
dian
What is the ASO thing...I hate to look out of the loop;; but....
I had problems with my bladder just before my tumor was found...it was pushing on my bladder making it difficult for me to urinate.  Prior to that, it was causing pressure on my rectum by pushing on my retro-flexed uterus. By the time it was removed, it had grown to the size of a large grapefruit.
Cysts, tumors, whatever you call them, can definately mess with other organs.  I don't think it is the least bit uncommon.
Remember, 99% of our tumors are benign.....try to remember that, ladies.
Peace to all.
dian
I too was in the bladder problem club!  My dermoids were so big, they pushed everything out of wack!!  What we women go through.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Let us know how things turn out.
~Tascha
Thanks for the info, bluesgirl! I hadn't heard of ASO - I will go look for it at Walgreens here in Ohio. There is one not far from my house....
My cyst is only 1.5cm, but it's been putting pressure on my bladder too. It feels like I have to urinate all the time, which is incredibly annoying. Didn't think it could be related to such a small cyst, but I really don't have any signs of an infection.

dain07: bluesgrlIN answered your question... it's the name of a company that makes over-the-counter drugs for bladder spasms and a few other things.
Thats what I was asking - what is ASO. Bluesgirl is the one who mentioned it - I gleaned from her response that is was the brandname of supplements that you can find at Walgreens -like Natures way, or Lifetime. I don't know where bluesgirl lives - it may be a regional brand - but a couple of people on this forum seemed to know it. I am going to go rummage around Walgreens and see if I can find something that says ASO- bladder control.......
I couldn't find ASO at my Walgreens, except one for yeast infection.  So I bought Uristat.  All it seemed to do the day I took it was turn my pee orange.  I only took it once, but my bladder symptoms have been feeling better.  I don't think I attribute it to the Uristat though.