Ovarian Cancer Community
Bloating Symptom??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Bloating Symptom??

Was diagnosed with 2 complex cycts in December ........
But have been experiencing a lot of lower abdominal bloating...from below my belly button.....is this one of the symptoms of cysts?   This is more so about ten days afer my monthly period.....Or is it just gas???

Thanks for your response
Avatar n tn
I had a lesion discovered in January and I have also had bloating in the same area you described. according to what I've read recently it is a symptom.
Avatar n tn
Hi - Glad to know I am not the only one ......
It can be so uncomfortable - ther are some clothes of mine - I do not like putting on - because it show this huge pouch....and I am slim person - so it really shows....
Avatar n tn
Consider food allergy testing.  If ovarian cancer is ruled out, FIRST.  Even something you've always eaten before, might be triggering the gas/bloating problem. My mother had ovarian cancer so I've always remained vigilant about annual vaginal ultrasounds, CA 125 testing etc. and was concerned when I noticed belly bloating - especially by the end of the day. I am post-menopausal and getting close to the most common age for ovarian cancer to show up (60 - 65)

Blood tests for food allergies and eliminating the offending foods from my diet - one was lettuce, even! - made a difference.  Food allergies can be temporary as well.  Sometimes you only have to eliminate them for a couple months then reintroduce slowly and on a rotation basis.

But, be sure to do the ob/gyn check.