Bloating after laparoscopic surgery
I had both ovaries and tubes removed on Wednesday (2 days ago).  I am not in much pain really except for my stomach is hugely distended and bloated and the bloating does cause some pain.  How long will this last?  It alsmost feels like my intestines are up high under my ribs and when I get in and out of bed it feels as if they move in and out. Its a strange sensation.  I just don't know when some of these symptoms should disappear - and if they don't, when I should follow back up with the doctor.

Thanks for your feedback!
My thought is intestines were disturbed during the surgery, it will need time to get back to normal.  As long as you have bowel movement and passing urine. It will pass.  As long as your synptoms getting less then it's going to disappear.  It take me about 3-4wks to get back normal but I have a much big surgery.   U need to call your dr to have a following up, my guess is 1-2 wks.  have a good weekend!

Peace

Jun
I'm glad you came through surgery well. I'm guessing that what you are feeling is gas. They blow you up with a lot of gas to be able to create more room in your abdomen to more easily be able to work on you. Basically, you have to fart (pardon my french). The best way to get things moving is for you to move. It is important to get the gas out by moving because it can move up by your shoulder blades and cause pain (this didn't happen to me, but I've heard it is NO fun). Are you moving your bowels? If so, the gas WILL follow. Are you on stool softeners. They can actually cause more gas, but stay on them. The alternative is NO fun , either. I think that over the weekend, the bloating will start to go down. If it doesn't and you are uncomfortable, in pain, or worried then I would call your doctor and see what he has to say. Good luck!!!!   Gentle Hugs, Shari
Shari is very right about gas and walking part. I just want to add by slowly massage your abdominal area (not your incision part) CLOCK WISE for 5-10min will help gas and stool passing too. Especialy in the morning before u get out from bed.
It;s my 4 th day after laparascopic removal of the ovarian cyst . I have bowel movements, but still bloated , not in pain, just some pulling sensation in the belly button area .
My child had a stomack flu . Some I might be also having that bug now, as I fell a bit noseous and diarea as of today . But it is easily confused with post laparascopy symptoms.
I guess we need to be patient and let the body heal . I heard that some of the breathing exersises could help ( from Yoga ) for example .
Godd luck to all .
A related discussion, the bloating was started.