Ovarian Cancer Community
Borderline Ovarian Tumor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Borderline Ovarian Tumor

In March of 2012 I had a tumor removed from my right ovary, also a salpingo-oophorectomy. Took 4 pathologists and 18 days later to come to the conclusion that it was a borderline serous tumor, 7cm. The 2 oncologists I went too said not a big deal. I have not been able to find good literature about borderline tumors.

Some background..

In June 2009, I had an "HSG" procedure done to see if I was still able to conceive, after trying for a few years with no luck. The next day I ended up in the hospital with that under 1% chance of infection. I had a 9cm tubo ovarian abscess on my right ovary.
After I was well I did 2 cycles of Clomid to ttc.

I wonder... If anyone has found any research citing links to either?

1 Comment
Hey, I had a borderline tumor out several years ago and have the kind of gynecological oncologist who had the time to talk with me about it. He said there wasn't much consensus about borderline tumors among doctors-- some won't even call it cancer-- but that there are articles and studies out there. I'm not sure what kinds of studies you're looking for, but if you're serious about learning about borderline ovarian cancer, medical journals could be a good place to dig deeper. If you have a good Dr., she/he will help you find some. Mine pulled a paper copy of a study on recurrence in borderline ovarian patients out of his filing cabinet and gave it to me.