Ovarian Cancer Community
Borderline Ovarian Tumor
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Borderline Ovarian Tumor

In March of 2012 I had a tumor removed from my right ovary, also a salpingo-oophorectomy. Took 4 pathologists and 18 days later to come to the conclusion that it was a borderline serous tumor, 7cm. The 2 oncologists I went too said not a big deal. I have not been able to find good literature about borderline tumors.

Some background..

In June 2009, I had an "HSG" procedure done to see if I was still able to conceive, after trying for a few years with no luck. The next day I ended up in the hospital with that under 1% chance of infection. I had a 9cm tubo ovarian abscess on my right ovary.
After I was well I did 2 cycles of Clomid to ttc.

I wonder... If anyone has found any research citing links to either?

1 Comment
Blank
719289_tn?1327262123
Hey, I had a borderline tumor out several years ago and have the kind of gynecological oncologist who had the time to talk with me about it. He said there wasn't much consensus about borderline tumors among doctors-- some won't even call it cancer-- but that there are articles and studies out there. I'm not sure what kinds of studies you're looking for, but if you're serious about learning about borderline ovarian cancer, medical journals could be a good place to dig deeper. If you have a good Dr., she/he will help you find some. Mine pulled a paper copy of a study on recurrence in borderline ovarian patients out of his filing cabinet and gave it to me.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank