Ovarian Cancer Community
Bowel prep
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bowel prep

Just a quick question. If u are running cuz u have the trots anyway does bowel prep take less time? Geez I am so happy Im not constipated. That would really be the s**ts. Hope ur day is better than mine is shaping up to be. Erika&name=Mishelle
Related Discussions
6 Comments
Blank
Unfortunately I don't think the "trots" have any affect on the results of the laxative.   We had a number of patients over the years, in x-ray, that complained that they had diarhea (diarrhea) anyway but the prep was still hard on them.  My biggest problem is that as a diabetic I have to keep enough fluids and sugars in me to keep my blood sugar from dropping.  It started to last evening and I took a couple of glucose tablets.  They aren't clear fluids but they are like another form of sugar.  I was told not to take my insulin tomorrow which I never do if I am fasting completely.
Blank
Hang in there.  By the time I went to bed last night things had settled down.  Stopped the trot's about 8pm.  I don't usually sleep thru the night as I have to get up to pee but last night I never moved.  I guess you could say it was because I had the S****t kicked out of me.  I find as long as I get my sleep I can cope with a lot of things.
Blank
Good luck!!!  Hope you are in bed resting and not reading this--but good luck!
Blank
They told me to stop laxative when it is clear. Good grief. God how I was hoping I had a head start. Erika
Blank
Thanks Linda F.  I am very calm, for me.  I figure I will kick in to hyper mode some time during the night or when we get in the car to go to the city in the morning.  It would be nice if I could stay the way I am now but that is not usually in my character.  Who knows though,age and experience should help with some things.
Blank
Good luck today livertrans! I am right there with ya, girl!

Linda J
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...