Ovarian Cancer Community
Bowel prep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Bowel prep

Just a quick question. If u are running cuz u have the trots anyway does bowel prep take less time? Geez I am so happy Im not constipated. That would really be the s**ts. Hope ur day is better than mine is shaping up to be. Erika&name=Mishelle
Unfortunately I don't think the "trots" have any affect on the results of the laxative.   We had a number of patients over the years, in x-ray, that complained that they had diarhea (diarrhea) anyway but the prep was still hard on them.  My biggest problem is that as a diabetic I have to keep enough fluids and sugars in me to keep my blood sugar from dropping.  It started to last evening and I took a couple of glucose tablets.  They aren't clear fluids but they are like another form of sugar.  I was told not to take my insulin tomorrow which I never do if I am fasting completely.
Hang in there.  By the time I went to bed last night things had settled down.  Stopped the trot's about 8pm.  I don't usually sleep thru the night as I have to get up to pee but last night I never moved.  I guess you could say it was because I had the S****t kicked out of me.  I find as long as I get my sleep I can cope with a lot of things.
Good luck!!!  Hope you are in bed resting and not reading this--but good luck!
They told me to stop laxative when it is clear. Good grief. God how I was hoping I had a head start. Erika
Thanks Linda F.  I am very calm, for me.  I figure I will kick in to hyper mode some time during the night or when we get in the car to go to the city in the morning.  It would be nice if I could stay the way I am now but that is not usually in my character.  Who knows though,age and experience should help with some things.
Good luck today livertrans! I am right there with ya, girl!

Linda J