Ovarian Cancer Community
CA 125 level normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

CA 125 level normal

I have a complex ovarian Mass on my right ovarie. The dr. did a CA 125 and later had the receptionist call me to say the blood test results were normal. Does this mean that i am free of Cancer?  I have another ultrasound  apt next week.  I didnt get the number on the test either.
How reliable is that test?
Thankyou again
I was having some cramps in the lower pelvic region that was happening not at the time of my period.  I went to see my OBGYN and she ordered a CA 125.  She just called me today with the results.  She advised that the lab they use has a cut off of 21.  Anything 21 and above suspicious. She stated my result were right at 21. She wants to refer me to an OBGYN ocologist.  Everything I have read states normal under 35?  Can you shed some light on this for me as why this lab has cut off at 21?  Does she feel I have cancer?   I am really really worried.  

Thank you.  
so many things can raise the CA125 levels, 21 is elevated yes, but most labs will go with the 35. some labs are even saying 65 now,  the test is not reliable in pre menopausal women, the only way to dx OVCA is a path report  on tissue removed during surgery.  complex cysts are rarely cancer,  to get follow ups when you are supecious is a good plan. In all actuallity, OVCA is a rare disease, most cysts are benign.