Ovarian Cancer Community
CA-125 score of 89

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

CA-125 score of 89

Hi, I'm a healthy (I think!) 28 year old with a three year old son. I just had a routine blood test done by my GI and she just found out from her that my CA-125 is 89. I'm trying not to freak out! My period has been very light every since my son was born and I stopped nursing. It's also been coming every two weeks (that or I've spotted each time I ovulated) for the past nine months. I just saw my GYN who did an internal exam (not through rectum) and said everything was fine. I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome, and have for over ten years, which is why we think I have the light and irregular periods. With all this being said, could my CA-125 of 89 be ovarian cancer? Could it just be from my PCOS?

Thank you!!
Lana
Tags: PCOS, ca-125, test
  • why do i keep bleeding? (2 replies):
    hi there, i really do need to talk to someone. i am 23 y...[more]
  • back & overie pain (1 replies):
    im 45yrs old since xmas my periods have changed i went 6...[more]
  • Spotting (2 replies):
    "Hello, I am a 49 year old female. I have been having ...[more]
  • CA 125 (1 replies):
    I am 44 years old My CA125 is 39. It is means that I had...[more]
  • CA 125 (1 replies):
    I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in February 07 and h...[more]
1 Comment
ca125 works as following:  Elevated ca125 doesn't mean you have OVCA, but in most OVCA patients there ca125 were elevated.  My guess that you high ca125 most likely is due to your POCS.. But i would ask for an US to confirm it is from POCS when you see your GYN next time.

jun