CA-125 score of 89
Hi, I'm a healthy (I think!) 28 year old with a three year old son. I just had a routine blood test done by my GI and she just found out from her that my CA-125 is 89. I'm trying not to freak out! My period has been very light every since my son was born and I stopped nursing. It's also been coming every two weeks (that or I've spotted each time I ovulated) for the past nine months. I just saw my GYN who did an internal exam (not through rectum) and said everything was fine. I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome, and have for over ten years, which is why we think I have the light and irregular periods. With all this being said, could my CA-125 of 89 be ovarian cancer? Could it just be from my PCOS?

Thank you!!
Lana
ca125 works as following:  Elevated ca125 doesn't mean you have OVCA, but in most OVCA patients there ca125 were elevated.  My guess that you high ca125 most likely is due to your POCS.. But i would ask for an US to confirm it is from POCS when you see your GYN next time.

jun