Ovarian Cancer Community
CA125 Plus Ovary Mass Always Equal Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I went to see my gyno cause I was have severe bleeding (during my periods only) with heavy clotting.  He suggested hyster, I (stupidly) declined, and asked for ablasion.  He did a routine check, then asked me to get an ultrasound to check for fibroids.  No fibroids on the ultrasound, but there was a 6.5 cm complex mass on my ovary.  He ordered a CA125 which scared me too death!  And, those results were an elevated 135.  
(I have messaged him for more info - but, initially, he told me the mass was cystic only until I got to his office, then it was 'complex' and he ordered the CA125.)  So, I'm not sure if I'm going to get more of an explanation, And I don't want to wait until Feb. 10th next appointment.  (I am set up for removal of the ovary and uterus on the 15th).
But, I was wondering if anyone else had similar symptoms..
Please consult with a gyn/oncologist.  This is the specialist who has the training and experience to recognize what s/he is dealing with.  This is the person with the expertise to do your surgery.  You do this whether you think it's cancer or not.  Most cysts are benign, but you need to have this surgery based on the ultrasound and CA125 results.  Only the pathology report can tell whether or not you have cancer.  

I had a single mass on one ovary about nine years ago.  I completed chemo (my gyn/onc is considered aggressive) about 8-1/2 years ago.  The doctor promised I would be fine, and I am.  So please keep things in perspective.  Caught early, ovarian cancer is not a death sentence.  

Good luck and God bless ...
Thank you so much for your response!  I did get in with a gyno/oncol, will be seeing her on Weds.  (I was/am scared sick, so it's great to hear an uplifting story).
Best of luck to you.  Please let us know how you are progressing.