Ovarian Cancer Community
CA125
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CA125

I was diagnosed and treated for stage 3 ovarian cancer in May of 2006.  Did the 3 chemo treatments to shrink tumor, had tumor removed along with my ovaries, fallopian tubes and some lymph nodes.  After recovery from surgery (6 weeks) had 3 more chemo treatments.  At first my ca125 was close to 3000.  After chemo, surgery and the 3 more chemo, my ca125 dropped to 5.  It has been around 6 or 8 for the past 4+years.  My last good test was in Nov of 2010 and at that time my ca125 was 8.  Here is the problem.  Had the test again (Feb 2011) and it is now 230 !!  I am really scared.  Can anyone out there give me some peace of mind ?
Tags: CA125
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear about those numbers.  You can never know for sure...but in general, an increase like that does mean there is recurrence.  It is very important you get in touch with your gyn/onc and have more tests to determine the site of recurrence.  A small jump would could possibly be nothing.  But, in my opinion, that large of a jump means something is wrong.  Regardless, you need to have more tests (MRI/Pet) to determine if there is a recurrence.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing!

Shelly
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...