Ovarian Cancer Community
COLD FLASHES.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

COLD FLASHES.....

HEY LADIES....
I HAVE TO TELL YOU....THAT I'M HAVING MORE COLD FLASHES THAN HOT FLASHES...IS THIS NORMAL???
Yes, it is.  Everyone is different so you could have either hot or cold flashes or (heaven forbid) both!!
~Tascha
Pray to God that you only get the cold flashes.  But do stick in there, try to do it naturally if you can.  You may want to start before it hits you suddenly.  How long since your surgery?
IT WILL BE 3 WEEKS ON FRIDAY...I'VE HAD SMALL HOT FLASHES AND I GET REALLY COLD ONES....I SOMETIMES GET IN A WARM TUB OF WATER TO WARM UP...MY FEET AND HANDS GETS REALLY COLD...I SNUGGLING UP TO MY HUBBY AND THAW OUT...LOL

I DO WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS NATURALLY....BUT, OF COURSE IT IS IN GODS HANDS..100%

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETLY GO THROUGH THE SURGICAL MENOPAUSE...???

PLEASE READ MY OTHER POST TERESA....AND CONTACT ME..PLEASE!!!
Hi. You are the 1st person I've heard of who also gets cold flashes. At 1st I thought I was getting sick, I'd get freezing cold when it's 80 degrees - I'd be all covered up w/blankets.  Then, at night sometimes I wake up very warm, but thought that's because it's summer...now I think it's surgical menopause.  My radical hysterectomy was 6 weeks ago and I've been having this for I think most of that time. Have you heard how long it lasts?  Years? Months? Mine is not that severe, more annoying.
I am almost a year out from a complete hysterectomy. I am only 40 years old and had absolutely not symptoms prior to surgery. I have hot flashes still. I am taking estrogen, however. Before they found out what type of cancer I have they would not allow me to take it. I did take black cohosh and I think that worked well.

If you find out how long it takes, I would love to know. I often thought that if it were totally surgically induced you should get over it faster. I am not sure...That is the magic question.

No cold flashes here, not until I went throught the surgical chemo.  
Haven't had them since first two weeks of my last surgery which was the last part of September last year.

I guess I can say, I am still hot...so to speak!

Danielle
Sorry.... a little slow!
I just want to send you a quick note.  I'll look through and contact you later this week or weekend.  If you want info on herbs that have helped me, I'll let you know.  As I work in law, I know the serious troubles of HRT.  So far so good on not hearing anything about biodentical, but that's all supposed to be derived from food/herb products anyway.  Processing food changes it though so, I just eat it straight up! LOL.  I just wanted to let you know, I'll get back to you.  I am on the way to the quick care.  My stomach/instestinal track has been giving me a lot of trouble, been treating with antibiotics for diverticulosis before they could do anything.  All day people have been telling me it looks like I had a good weekend.  I kept thinking what???? I couldn't get up off the couch or away from this chair all weekend.  Felt so weak.  One girl even told me it looked like I got a really good tan this weekend, I must have had a good one...  I am like what in the world are these people taking!  I just looked in the mirror.  I am as brown as can be...  These antibiotics or infection must be effecting my liver... So, I am off for a while.
Unfortunately, the troubles were with the synthetic hormones.  Although bioidenticals have not been studied, going the natural route would be better.  Even if you get it from the herbs and plants themselves.  There are so many "natural" remedies out there, you just need to find what works for you.
~Tascha
thanks sooo much...yaw please keep me informed!!!

mamarabbit