Ovarian Cancer Community
CT Scan Results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

CT Scan Results

Can anyone help me decipher the results of my CT scan? It says:

FINDINGS:
Cystic adnexal masses. May be complex. Right larger than left. Likely to be ovarian. Masses meet directly in the midline. Right approximately 6x6x7cm. Left 3.0x3.5x3.5. No lymphadenopathy. No free fluid.

IMPRESSION:
Bilateral cystic adnexal masses. Likely to be complex and ovarian in etiology. The mass lesions meet directly in the midline where they become inseperable.

I have already had 2 after this and the Dr. didn't seem too concerned once she looked at the ultrasounds, but after reading this, I am worried. Does it make sense to any of you?
If you are in the States it is your right to call for records, all medical records belong to the patient, some doctors try to charge for them, call the records department at the hospital where your mom was. You may have to go and pick them up if they won't mail them to you.  If and when you receive them, get a friend/nurse, med student to help to understand them, or take it to the net and do research on things for clarifacation. You can always ask for an itemized billing report also. I do this all the time to check for fraud. Each individual item given or used on the patient that is charged to them, must be on there. This is the billing that goes to the insurances companies.
Ugh...no idea.  I just wanted to comment that I feel the same frustration with my mom's oncologists....doctors nowadays RARELY make you part of the treatment, or better yet don't want to spend the time educating you to what they are looking at and what's going on.

It's sad (but not uncommon) for the doctors to not explain this to you...you should have them explain it during your next visit.  Feel lucky you actually GOT the results, I have yet to see anything for my mom and it's been 7 months.
I actually got my hubbys entire chart copied after his death and sent to me, I then compared it to the billing record and was able to get many of those charges reversed because the meds, treatments, blood work, xrays etc, were never given. Medical fraud is a very serious thing, not all of it intentional, but some is. There was a charge for an xray , given the day after he died. They took those charges from the doctors orders, but never caught it that it was never done. I always tell this story to point out medical costs, I saw where my hubby was charged $1.00 each for Tylenol, so I brought my own to the hospital and they would not let him have them, but since the bottle was there on the bedside table, those were the ones they used and then still charged him as if they came from their pharmacy. WHY??? Because it was charted as given and thus billed from the chart. This is the hospital where I worked for over 20 years too.