Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
CT results for complications with RLQ pain - Ovarian cancer?

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

I had a partial hysterectomy 4 years ago so my ovaries are still in - I am currently 36 years old.  I have been having some pain on my right side and because I have a history of kidney stones my doctor ordered a CT scan without contrast.  I have a friend who is a pediatrician and after my CT scan my doc sent me to my obgyn who sent me to get a pelvic ultrasound.  Because I am so tired of waiting for results I asked my friend if she could access my records and all that she was able to retrieve right now was my CT scan results.  I can't understand any of it and she does not want to interpret it b/c she is just a pediatrician.  I have history of ovarian and cervical cancer in my family and so reading this report confused me and concerened me, I am wondering if you can help clarify what some of it means.  "Mild nonspecific mesenteric adenopathy in the upper abdomen, mainly in the small bowel mesentery.  Mild nonspecific hypodense fullness in the right adnexa.  Solitary bilateral nonspecific small common femoral chain lymph nodes, most likely reactive measuring approximately 14mm in diameter." It goes on to say no evidence of renal calculus disease and suggest pelvic ultrasound in follow up.  My concern is based on a few reasons.  One of which is that I was hopsitalized for kidney stones about 3 years ago and upon X-rays the PA came in to the room and said they had to take another more specific test because the found a spot on my pancreas and my liver.  When they took the exam, the decided it was nothing.  I'm hoping nothing was missed then and that this is a carry-over!!!!
Hi There,
Radiology reports sure can be confusing! The short answer is that your report sounds like everything is fine. The word