Ovarian Cancer Community
CYSTIC SOL IN RIGHT OVARY.HELP???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

CYSTIC SOL IN RIGHT OVARY.HELP???

My gf is 18.Never missed a period.yes,she did at times get her period a week late and on my 3rd day she dosent bleed.she again starts bleeding from my 4th day.

she have been having problems with urination.doctor gave her tests.USG shows "Right Ovary-it is not seperately visualized.a cystic SOL 8.9x5.9 cm in the right adnexa.another SOL with internal echo is noted in the POD and right adnexa,measuring 9.2x6.8cm.
Moderate right hydronephrosis is seen."  

Should I be concerned? Is it a tumor? What are
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=94
Avatar dr f tn
How is your friend? What other symptoms are present? It is best that you discuss the results with her attending physician for proper evaluation. Factors such as her symptoms, result of the ultrasound and other diagnostic tests, over-all health  and her medical history are important considerations also. For women her age, the most common cause is polycystic ovarian syndrome and needs to be ruled out by a gynecologist. Take care and do keep us posted.
A related discussion, Am I PREGNANT? was started.