Ovarian Cancer Community
Ca 125 and chemo - is it working?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ca 125 and chemo - is it working?

I was diagnosed 10/24/07 with stage 11c endometroid ovarian cancer.  Prior to surgery my ca125 was 350.  After surgery and prior to chemo is was 14.5.  A week or two later it was 8.  Since chemo started, it has been 9 or 9.2 for four rounds.  I have two more IP/IV rounds to go.  I am happy that the numbers are low but concerned that the chemo isn't killing any remaining (even if there are few) cells.

Has anyone had the number go up after stopping chemo when they were consistently that low?  I worry about resistance.  I almost don't want to stop chemo except for the QOL issues.    
1 Comment
we were diagnozed a day apart.  My CA went down after second chemo and stayed the same afterwards.  I am too concerned about resistance but my doc assures me that it is not the case.  I was told as long as CA stays below 21 it is OK.  
Good luck to you